Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Operation Christmas Child

Today jackson and I went to the store to buy gifts for the shoe box we are donating to Operation Christmas Child. Samaritan's purse is taking donations this week and our church happens to be one of the drop off locations. I chose to buy for a little girl since we are going to have more than enough of our share of buying for a little boy this year :) As I was checking out, I got so emotional thinking of what it will be like when "she" opens her box. I hope she likes what we picked out for her and knows that we are praying for her.

I read this story on their website and cried again.


I am overwhelmed when I think that our box may provide this type of hope or joy to a little girl somewhere around the world. I'm so thankful that God has blessed us with the opportunity to bless someone else. Small acts of kindness and giving are a part of what this season is about. I encourage everyone reading this to donate to someone or something this holiday season...I don't think we'll ever know the magnitude our impact will make.

1 comment:

Lauren McKnight said...

You are so right. On of my favorite parts of Christmas is buying presents for the Angel Tree kiddos. We always pick a boy and girl since we don't have any kids. We have so much fun picking out stuff that they put on their list. I just wish we got to deliver them personally. Thanks for spreading the message of giving during the holiday season. So often we get caught up in our own families and forget those really in need.