Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lately

I am the worst blogger in the world! I post once every two months and I know everyone is wondering what in the world we are doing. Here is a recap.
It's so stinkin hot that we hardly do anything outside that doesn't involve water. Here is a picture of Jackson after he'd been in the pool, mid sentence. Because he has elaborate stories and talks non stop.
We have come down with some sort of cootie crud that will not go away. I started feeling down the Friday that we finished VBS and by the next morning I was so sick I went to the walk in clinic in my pajamas with my hair just barely pulled back. The dr kept saying, "I'm so sorry you feel so bad" which we all know is code for "daaaang girl, you are looking rough!" Ben took this picture after I had been in the bed for almost 2 days. Luke was missing his mama snuggles.
It has been two weeks since my dr's visit and even though I feel better than I did (praying for Jesus to return) I still have this inappropriate involuntary cough that interjects itself mid sentence, it has a life of its own.
Last Saturday we went swimming at my Aunt Regina's. We got to her house about 30 minutes after the power went out and it did not come back on until 30 minutes before we went home that night! The boys had a lot of fun and I'm glad we went because they woke up sick Monday morning and we've been stuck inside ever since.
We couldn't go to church this morning because the boys were still snotty, much better but still snotty. This afternoon we couldn't take it anymore and decided to take the boys to see Winnie the Pooh. We just found a nice little corner by ourselves and enjoyed being out of the house for a little while. We are so looking forward to not being sick anymore. I mean, good grief it's still summer!

1 comment:

How "Sweet" it is... said...

Ella got it...then me...then Wes. I'm pretty sure I only have one lung left. Praying you get back to 100% pronto! Hopefully see you some time : ).