Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bah Love Bug

Last Wednesday our MOPS group had a Valentine's Party. It was from 3-5 on a Wednesday, which is a really busy day for us because of AWANA but I thought it would be fun for the boys so we went.
Neither of the boys napped ahead of time so I knew we would be pushing it, couple that with a bunch of sweet treats and you can forget about it. They did really good for the most part...until all of the older kids played a game and the prize was a pencil.
Jackson walked over to me all pouty faced and when I asked him what was wrong he said, "I didn't want a pencil. I wanted a toy."
I wanted to die y'all. Like, melt in the floor die. I was mortified, mostly because that is totally not who Jackson is. He is a sweet, caring boy who is always the first one to share with everyone around him. Needless to say, we left immediately and headed back home. Oh well, it gave us a really good opportunity to talk about gratitude. I know he is four and he was tired, but still, that response and attitude is never ok, I don't care what the circumstances. On a positive note we made some really cute crafts and have some fun Valentine's Day picture memories :)
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

No comments: