Thursday, July 10, 2008

40 weeks

I got an email yesterday titled "Your baby is 40 weeks old!"... I'll be honest - I had to reread it a few times...it seemed unreal.

40 weeks is a very 'pregnancy' term. Everywhere you read about the 40 week term and how your pregnancy will take you on a 40 week journey, etc. To those of you who dont know, according to my orignial due date, I never even made it to 40 weeks with Jackson. I had him when I was 39 weeks and two days along. What's 5 days you're thinking...well, 5 days is a lot to this first time mom. Jackson being 40 weeks old means he's been here in my arms longer than he was in my belly. It's just one more sign of how fast time has flown since he's been born.


I remember when I thought the 14 week mark would NEVER get here because I was so sick. Then I couldn't wait until I was 20 weeks along for the gender ultrasound - time stood still! Nothing could be more different when you finally have that baby.


I hated hearing everyone say "take everything in because before you know it they'll be grown", it's still not my favorite thing to hear but it's so true - ugh. My sweet boy. He's so big already.

No comments: