Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The littlest love of my life


Jackson is such a ham these days. We can't go anywhere without him flirting with every girl that passes his way. He loves going out and being around other people. We became members of our new church this past Sunday and had to stand in front of the congregation. I was a little concerned that it might freak him out, not sure why, he just smiled and waved and was trying to talk to the preacher. It was too funny.

He's starting to talk - I can't believe it. If you say "Kisses Jackson" he will say "tisses" and when he sees his pacifier he'll say "pappy". Of course, he still says dada every time he sees ben but will only say mama if he's really upset. Isn't that just the way it goes?

Last week I started transitioning Jackson into going to sleep by himself. I know what some of you are thinking...good grief, he's 9 1/2 months old! But to be honest, I have really enjoyed our quiet time together before his naps and bedtime. It's such a special, peaceful time that we had together and I treasured every minute of it. Our pediatrician told us over 2 months ago to start encouraging him to sleep on his own and since Ben decided to make the bed a play ramp (and now all Jackson wants to do is roll off the bed) I felt it was time to start the process. One week later, we went through our bedtime routine (still jam-packed with kisses and snuggling), I laid him down, gave him kisses and left the room...and he's asleep...all by himself. I'll admit it - it makes me a little sad. He's growing up way too fast...can somebody put a heavy book on his head or something?

I love being his mom - what a blessing God gives us in children.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a great picture. :)