Saturday, March 28, 2009

it's contagious

Evidently I gave my tender bones to Jackson. The other day we were listening to the Wiggles in the car and there is this song about ducks…or ‘gucks’ as he calls them. It goes like this:

‘5 little ducks went out one day, over the hill and far away, father duck said “Quack Quack Quack Quack” but only 4 little ducks came back.’ On and on until “but none of the 5 little ducks came back”.

It was as soon as he finished that last line that Jackson started bawling. I’m talking uncontrollable sobs. I turn off the radio and start questioning what’s the matter. I’m thinking he’s hurt or maybe there was a bug in the car that stung him. Nope. I ask him, repeatedly what’s wrong and he looks at me with pitiful eyes and says, “bye bye gucks, bye bye” and then starts the uncontrollable sobs again. He didn't even let the song get to the part where they all come back. He was too busy mourning their disappearance for that.

It was pitiful. Just pitiful. I had to put on some sort of crazy routine to get him to laugh and cheer up. Luckily we were at a four way stop during 5 oclock traffic with 4349 cars in front of us and I had plenty of time to tend to the crisis.

Needless to say, we skip that song now.

1 comment:

Lauren McKnight said...

Bethany, that has to be the one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. I can tell he will be a caring, empathetic man...and the world needs more of those! What a wonderful little one you have!