Thursday, May 1, 2008

blog from myspace I forgot to post on here

To say that life has been crazy the past 7 months is an extreme understatement... we have faced things that I never dreamed we would for a time much longer than I ever imagined possible. Through it all though - God is still SO GOOD. We have come to realize how blessed we are and how great our friends, family and church family are - all to God's glory.
We have an amazing group of friends and family. My parents have been overly amazing in helping us through our difficult time as has Ben's...where would we be without their love to fall back on? When things are difficult you have no idea how much it means to just get an email saying "we're praying for you" much less a great meal and uplifting conversation that so many have provided over the past few months. To those of you who have been there for us, and you undoubtedly know who you are, thank you and may God bless you for the way you have blessed our lives. God has an amazing way of using difficulties and trials to show us how much others love and care for you and I now have a greater love and appreciation for so many loved ones - I know it has all been worth it to come to these realizations.
I haven't updated on Jackson in a while so here goes: We don't have his "6 month" check up until May 5 (Cinco de Mayo -woohoo) but we did take him in for a weight check when he turned 6 months and he weighed a little over 19 lbs. He is growing so fast and I can't believe how much fun he is every day. We now officially have a crawler. You put him down and he'll play sitting up for a little bit and then he gets over on his tummy and off he goes... so there's never a dull moment in our house. He's trying to pull up on our laps and the window sill, he just doesnt have the strength to do it all the way yet. So, we'll see how long it takes before he hits his head trying to get up on stuff. He just started waving and his new favorite thing to do is roll the ball back and forth.



There have been a few times in the last week where he's turned to Ben and said "da-eee" and Ben swears he's saying daddy - who knows but we'll let him have it :) Jackson has decided that he's the funniest person he knows because he'll be sitting in the floor and just start cracking up for no apparent reason - probably some inside joke he has about me and ben ;) He's obsessed with being outside and I'm serious when I say obsessed. He'll crawl up to us and I'll pick him up in my lap and he starts jumping up and down and lunging toward the doorway and won't stop until you get up and then as we walk toward the back door he reaches out for it and nearly jumps out of your arms - thank goodness it's almost summer!
Jackson got a new high chair from his Nonni and it could not have come a moment too soon - he was getting stuck in his bumbo. Because of an incident that I will not go into detail over, we got a 25 dollar gift certificate toward any fisher price purchase and so on my "Mom morning out" today I got Jackson some new blocks that he loves. I've become quite the coupon queen lately and I"m nearly obsessed with seeing how good of a deal I can get, lol. Like today at Target I also had a $5 off any toy purchase and the 25 gift certificate so I got him the blocks and some bath toys for .99 cents. It was awesome. I also got some Dove shampoo and conditioner for .50 cents. It made my whole day. So, if you have any awesome coupon sites or deals you know of - hit me up. It's my newest job title: Coupon clipper extraordinaire :)

No comments: