Monday, May 5, 2008

Lucky Number 7

So, our big boy is 7 months old. Usually I talk about how much weight Jackson is gaining but thank goodness the weight gain has started slowing down. We went in for Jackson's check up today and instead of being in the 90th percentile for weight we were down to the 75th :) He is, however, a very long baby and was just over the 90th percentile for height. I'm guessing he's going to be tall just like his dad - maybe even taller.

We got another healthy report from the doctor today and found out we're even a little further along than average in development so we couldnt be more happy - I just want him to be on track and if he's doing anything else then that's a blessing from God. Here's hoping our sweet boy stays this healthy - I freak out over a red spot on his arm, I dont even want to know what it will be like the first time he gets sick : ( He also pointed out that Jackson is cutting 4 teeth all at once right now so that explains the super fun time we've been having with teething these past few weeks. He then told us we need to start letting Jackson fall asleep on his own (I may have been putting him to bed this whole time, hard to say...) and I thought it was going to be a nightmare. Instead, he rolled around a few times and fell asleep - that kid never ceases to amaze me.

We had to drive to Little Rock today to get Jackson a new sippy cup since they dont sell any that are bpa free here in Conway. Luck was on our side because baby depot had one left and in green...what would I have done if it was pink? The bad news was I had to go to baby depot in Little Rock - ugh that store gives me the creeps...clean up on aisle 5.

Last night Ben and I watched an awesome Louie Giglio dvd called "How Great is our God". If you haven't seen it before I urge you to get a copy. It was truly mindblowing and I don't think my relationship with God will ever be the same again.

Ben and I have some really big opportunities coming up in our lives and I'll be sure to post an update as soon as I have one...so until then hope everyone is doing well and enjoy these last few weeks before it becomes so hot you'll wish it was January again... Oh and Happy Cinco de Mayo - although the day would have been perfect if I had spent it on a beach in Mexico, it was pretty close anyway... My child is healthy, one of my best friends finally moved back and the possibilities that are on the horizon make my head spin - there's no doubt, God is so good.

No comments: