Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Never more, never more...

Our lives will never be the same - we now have a son who follows us wherever we go.

Up until two days ago, I could put Jackson in the floor with a bunch of his toys and leave the room to grab something and come right back without it ever being an issue. He has been crawling for some time now but was always distracted by his toys long enough for me to get something to drink or grab a new outfit for him, etc without him ever noticing I was gone. Not anymore.

Two days ago I set Jackson down in the middle of the living room, about 10 feet from the doorway and at least 15 feet from the room I was going to. I got into the bathroom and heard him blowing bubbles, babbling and yelling his usual "heh" - only I noticed it getting louder and closer. Next thing I know, not THIRTY SECONDS after I first set him down, there he was in the doorway of the bathroom. He just looked up at me and laughed. Needless to say, any time I leave the room now, he follows me. That rat - now I've got to go get a baby gate!

No comments: