Friday, September 10, 2010

9 months and counting...

Luke turned 9 months on the 1st of September - where has the time gone? I mean, seriously, it blows my mind some days how fast time is moving around here! He had his first illness this past week - he was so pitiful! Jackson has never even run a fever so to have one so little be sick was a new one for us. It's so fun for me to see the differences in Jackson and Luke's personality as the grow. Luke is such a calm, quiet baby, perfectly content to play by himself. There will be times when we are all in the living room and Luke will just crawl back to the play room by himself and start playing. Jackson would have NEVER done that!
He is over baby food. Completely. If I try to give him any, whatsoever he will spit it out and clamp his mouth shut. Some people react to this by saying, "Oh, that's good!" but really, it's not. It is really difficult to prepare food for him in a way that is healthy and in a pure form but is also soft enough for him to eat safely. Most of the time, I just give him whatever we are having (pre salt added, of course) and he gobbles it up faster than I can keep it on his tray. He has started standing on his own and will walk a step or two between furniture. I was kind of hoping I could delay him in some way by not encouraging him to walk but no luck so far. He loves to clap his hands and wave bye. If only they would stay this sweet and innocent forever!
He loves it when Ben calls us on the phone and will immediately come over, grab the phone from me and say, "Hey Dada!" Super cute stuff.
He is overall a very mild mannered, easy going baby. I can't tell you how many times I've been told, "He's just such a calm, laid back baby!" And 99% of the time that's true. But let me tell you this, if you tell the boy 'no' his world falls apart! He has such a little temper on him! It's so rare that I see it that for now, I think it's kinda cute :)
He just fits into our little family so perfectly and I can't remember life before him or imagine it without him.
I love you sweet Luke bug! We all do :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

great post and great pictures - but let me tell you, my heat skipped a beat when I read the title. I was trying to do some quick math in my head to figure out when #3 was going to join you. ;o)