Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Long weekend, Labor day and 'Leven months

From Labor Day
We really enjoyed our long weekend. On friday we went to the pool here and let Jackson swim before it shut down for the summer. He had the best time swimming with his dad. That boy loves water! Evidently he has the "I like to walk into the water when nobody is looking" gene from his mother (long story from when I was two...was supposed to be taking a nap, went to the pool outside without my floaties and walked right into the deepend. Ashley didnt save me - thank goodness Dixie did. Thanks again Ashley. Someone should have stabbed you with plyers or something...) Luckily I caught Jackson before he walked into the pool. I digress. Pool time was just the beginning of our weekend fun.
From Swimming
On Sunday we drove over to Ben's Dad and Glennis' house to visit with them and the girls for the holiday. We went to church with them Sunday night and Ben took some really great pictures of Jackson on the piano his mother used to play. Ben said she put a million miles on that thing. Whenever we're in church he'll remark on how someone playing the piano reminds him of his mother. I love that.
Jerry Lee Lewis?We took our wagon out to their house since we have no yard here or place to store it. Jackson had a blast riding around in it. He finally got to see a dog that would love on him. Mom and Regina have snooty dogs (aka they will bite you) so we were thankful for Katrina's kind nature. We also enjoyed jumping on the trampoline. Yep -that included me too. Catherine and Olivia were busy working and being creative for the holiday. They were shooting a movie about squirrels. The girls were out there in brown coats and pants with belts for tails. So funny. So creative. Catherine was the director...complete with a director's chair. Awesome.
We came back home on the eve of Jackson's eleven month "birthday." I can't believe we are less than a month away from him being a year old. None of his clothes fit anymore. Not even the 18 month ones. Yeesh. He has got walking down to a science and has even started running. Sometimes he'll get going and his little feet will just take him somewhere that I'm pretty sure he never intended on going. Like sideways. He has started doing this crazy inhaling laugh/squeel thing. It is so loud and super cute. He won't eat any baby food anymore so I'm busy trying to make sure he is getting all of his nutrients from fresh food. It's a lot more difficult than I originally thought. I would gladly welcome a jar of babyfood back to the dinner table. His vocabulary is steady growing. He can say cheese, cereal (sisisuh), ok and the very beginning of thank you (taytoo). He loves to make animal noises - his favorite being a cow. Buhoooooo. So funny. He's been meowing for a while and has recently started imitating my "here kitty kitty kitty" Like my mom said, kids are parrots at this age. He is OBSESSED with reading books. We seriously read a hundred books a day. Well, we read the same 10 books a hundred times a day. He loves for you to sing to him and he has this "Jesus Loves You" song book that my mom bought him that he'll bring to you and start "singing" to get you to sing. If he wants you to read he throws a book at your feet and says "THAT!" and when you pick it up he says "Ok". Probably bc of the million times I said "OK" after he threw it at me. When he brings his song book over though he'll go "oooooooooooo." I love it. He's also an even bigger social butterfly than me. We can't go anywhere without him finding a lady and waving "heeyyy" grinning all big. Seriously. Everywhere we go.
We're planning the birthday party and we want everyone to come...so here's hoping we see you then :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, he reminds me of Mikayla. She's a total water bug. LOVES reading, just like her mom. We swear she's either going to do something with music or animals when she grows up. Lol. It goes by so fast doesn't it? I am glad you guys had a great weekend.