Wednesday, December 10, 2008

deals revisited

So...Walgreens is having a four day sale starting today...some highlights:

Arm and Hammer detergent 1.99 with coupon in ad at the front of the store
go to www.armandhammer.com and print a 1.00 off coupon (as many as you can) making your final price .99

Sure Deoderant isn't marked BUT its on sale for 2.01 and there is a 1.50 off instant saver coupon in the easy saver catolog (small narrow coupon book) at the front of the store usually under the weekly ad making your final price .51

Kelloggs Cereal is on sale for 1.99 ( no instore coupon needed) and print a 1.00 off coupon here http://www2.kelloggs.com/ making your final price .99 Not sure if it will let you print out more than one but try. There are also coupons in the red plum from 11/09

Quilted Northern 9 big roll bath tissue sale for 3.50 - use printable coupon found here http://www.quiltednorthern.com/coupons.html and get it for 2.50

Now, here's the icing on the cake: spend any 25 dollars BEFORE coupons and get 5 dollars in Register Rewards which is basically like a 5 dollar walgreens gift card to use on your next purchase.

Scenario:
2 Arm and Hammer Detergents - 6.99 each before coupon
1 Cereal 1.99 before coupon
3 deoderants 6.03 before instant value coupon
1 Quilted Northern 3.50 before coupon
Total: 25.50

- 10.00 in ad arm and hammer coupon
-2 printable arm and hammer coupons
-1.00 printable cereal coupon
- 4.50 easy saver instant sure coupon
- 1.00 printable quilted northern

Final out of pocket = $7.00

THEN get your 5 dollars in register rewards for next time - it's like spending TWO BUCKS. Seriously.

My only advice is to wait to give the cashier your coupons until AFTER they hit the original total so your register rewards print out for sure.

There are other items on sale (aleve, walgreens brand ibuprofen, cokes, hersheys candy) if you can print more than one or two of the coupons mentioned above, for example the arm and hammer, you could buy four arm and hammer detergents, pay 3.96 before tax out of pocket, get 5 in register rewards and it's like Walgreens just paid you 1.04 to buy detergent. I'd love to hear about the savings you end up with...Happy Shopping!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you as obsessed as I am with coupons and deals. I am really obsessed. Lol, my little pink organizer is packed full of coupons.

Lauren McKnight said...

I would pay you to send me these shopping tips each week. I love coupons. I can't just "drop in" the grocery store if I don't have my coupons. Seriously, I'll send you a check each week...

Ben and Bethany said...

I think I'll start posting my favorite deals each week :)