Monday, October 4, 2010

birthday letter

10/1/2010

Dear Jackson,

Words fail me when I try and explain how fast time has gone by the past 3 years. It seems like just yesterday when your dad and I first found God had blessed us with you. This past year I have watched you grow from a toddler into a little boy. You are so smart, so independent, so, well, you  No matter how hard I try, I just can’t keep up with you. Where does energy like that come from and why won’t you share it with me – ha! You’re teaching me to be a better mom and a better Christian. I want to know more of Jesus because of you – thank you for that. Here are a few things about you as a budding 3 year old that we never want to forget.
  • You love Jesus and you love your church – I hope this never changes!
  • You’ve decided to be a picky eater in the past few months. My child who would eat anything now has a preference.
  • You are one of the funniest people I know. Seriously. I’d rather hang out with you than watch tv.
  • You are so compassionate. You care about other people and hurt with them if you see they are hurting.
  • You name everything you find pickles or tickles.
  • You love your daddy so much and wait at the window each day for him to come home.
  • You love to “watch a show” – which is why you are limited
  • Potty Training you was so easy – you just did it yourself really. Super thanks for that one!
  • We love how you say hi to every person you meet – you offer the joy of Christ to each person you pass, never discriminating your greetings to anyone.
  • You love your family, all of us and find such joy in just spending time together.
  • You love to sing, dance and perform for anyone, all the time. We can’t go anywhere that has music without you busting a move in the middle of the store.
  • You have a care free confidence that is contagious and admirable. I hope that never changes
  • You love to rock a stinky face when you get mad. You may get a naughty mat for it, but I think it’s kinda cute.
In bible study we have been talking about how God loves to surprise us and how He is able to do way beyond our wildest prayer or imagination – He definitely did that with you. Everything we prayed for, everything we imagined our first born could be, God has surpassed it all… We give Him so much glory, honor and praise for your life little man. We love you.

Mom and Dad

No comments: