Sunday, October 26, 2008

forgiveness

blah.

This was one rough weekend. Jackson had surgery on Friday and is doing well. We are SO PROUD of how strong he has been. Even the nurses commented on how impressed they were with him. We are just praying that his recovery continues to go as well as it has these past few days. Thank you to everyone who checked on him and prayed for him. It means so much to me and Ben that you did.

I have been inspired by a few people these past few days and I'm just going to try my best to live by the scriptures they have posted.

How difficult is it to forgive? I mean, seriously. When we are wronged we feel that we are justified by our actions, our anger, our hurt...but are we? Maybe in our own opinions... maybe to the world nobody would blame us for being angry for how people have wronged us, our children and our families. Anne Pressley was brutally murdered this week - how do you forgive that? What happened to her makes the things I was upset about in my life seem so pointless, so little and minute.

I'm doing my best to live by 1st Corinthians. God commands us to love one another and love keeps NO record of wrongs. I want to be a loving, christian woman for my husband and for Jackson and that means that I have no place for bitterness or resentment. It is so difficult for me, especially when it comes to Jackson, but I just give it to God. Any other options just aren't worth it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackson had surgery? I hope he recovers quickly and safely. Forgiveness is just a hard thing to do wether it be small or big. It has taken me 5 years to forgive my ex-husband for all the wrong he did to me.

Anonymous said...

Yea! That one is Hard!! Because so many people are bitter with things that others did not have anything to do with, so they take it out on innocents! Im always open to forgiveness. But being a doormat NOPE! not anymore.

Lindsay said...

I didn't know Jackson had surgery...I'm glad everything went well and I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts!

And when it comes to forgiveness, I always turn to some words of advice that a very smart person told me: hate is an all-consuming emotion, and the sweet moments will never be as sweet when you have bitterness left in your heart. It simply does more damage to you than it can ever do to the subject of your hate. So stop letting that person continue to win by stealing pieces of your happiness.

I know that sounds sort of selfish, but sometimes when I think I can't possibly feel sympathy for a certain individual I think about how that person affects me instead, and the forgiveness just makes sense. Strangely enough, the sympathy tends to follow.

Just something to think about. :)

Lauren McKnight said...

First off, how is Jackson and why did he have to have surgery? Second, thank you for inspiring me to forgive as well. I think truly forgiving is one of the biggest challenges we face....whether in a marriage, friendship, family relationship, or life in general. It's hard! But I think by you admitting that and talking about it, it will inspire others to process it too. By the way, I loved your quote of "I want to be the type of woman that when I get up in the morning, the devil says 'crap, she's up'" I love that! If anyone can be that person, I think you can!
P.S. Sorry this is so long!

Hester 5 said...

What kind of surgery did he have?