Monday, October 20, 2008

so...

We've had a lot going on lately. I recently decided to "go back to work" and I put it like that because I'm not really going back to work. I mean, I am but not in the sense that most would think. I recently got hired as a counselor for a PRN position at a local hospital. Because it is a hospital, they are open 24/7 and I have the ability to work hours that would not be possible with a private office or clinic. I am very anti-daycare for my family. I understand that other families don't have options and do the very best they can to provide the very best for their families and sometimes that includes a babysitter or daycare...I just prefer for Jackson to be with either me or Ben. Especially since we don't know many people in our new area yet. With this job, I can work opposite hours from Ben or an overnight position so that Jackson will be with his Dad while I'm at work. Also, I can work as many or as few hours as I want so my schedule can change week to week so that we don't have to sacrifice family time or family gatherings. I'm really excited about it - I love what I do and if I can still be involved in the professional world without it affecting Jackson or Ben then that will be such a blessing.

In other news, we are loving our new home and the area. Jackson is growing bigger and stronger every day. He is so intense and full of life. I wish I could have just an ounce of his energy - maybe then I could keep up with him! We are going to Nonni's for Halloween and are making a stop in Georgia for Jackson's one year pictures...we are lucky enough to have the best photographer in all of Georgia taking them! I'm so excited about being at my mom's for Hallowee...she knows how to rock it out! Aunt Mary will be joining us as well - it's gonna be so much fun.

We are so ready for the holiday season coming up...it's going to be a blast!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job! Feel blessed that you were able to find something that works so well for your family! (Yeah yeah I know you are.) :) Where in GA are you going to be?

Lauren McKnight said...

Congratulations on the job. It sounds perfect for you and the boys! What's a PRN? And what will you be doing?

Anonymous said...

'Fo shizzle

-Aunt MayMay