Tuesday, October 28, 2008

self concept

As therapists, we hope that our clients will become increasingly self aware - at least more so than when they came in...we aren't miracle workers after all. I always said I'd do my best to not be a therapist or analyst at home but it may have leaked over...a little. Maybe I'm a little proud of it too:

These days if you say "where's Jackson?", Jackson will immediately point to himself. It is SO cute. He is becoming more and more independent every day. He wants to do everything himself...even at meal time. It has become SO messy but we're slowly mastering the art of self feeding.

Jackson is equally enthralled with praise. If you get excited about something he does and clap for him, he does it a million times more...to the point where now he'll do one of his "old tricks" and clap for himself after doing it. Again - super cute. He's recently most proud of the fact that he can sign "please" and say "gus" which is one of our cats names.

Career outlooks at this point are leaning toward professional dancer and some sort of ball player. I can't imagine which one Ben would prefer. We have to watch the "yee-yee's" or wiggles every day and he dances through the entire tape...and makes you dance too. He has also become a whiz at throwing and kicking a ball. Nikki sent Jackson this super cute helicopter that came with 4 balls and although he loves the helicopter, he carries one of those balls with him wherever he goes. He and his dad throw the ball back and forth until Ben just can't handle it anymore...because Jackson never tires. I'm working on siphoning some of his energy and hording it all for myself. And no I will not share.

We're headed to the SC on Wednesday for some super duper fun...I can't wait!

No comments: