Saturday, August 23, 2008

Texas Stampede

I got the craziest myspace message Wednesday. My cousin Ashley (who has the amazing ability of dropping off the face of the earth for months at a time) asked what we were up to this weekend and if we cared if she and her husband came to visit. We haven't gotten to see them since February so we OF COURSE told them to hop in the car right away...offers like this are more rare than finding a needle in a haystack! Ok, maybe not that rare but both Ashley and Sam work full time and it's a blessing that they not only were able to get some time off together, but that they chose to drive allll the way from Texas just to visit with us! Ashley and I have been as close as sister's growing up and we don't get to see eachother nearly as much as I would like. We still dream of living next door to eachother one day and they try and convince us to move to Dallas every chance they get. Texax people are a different breed but that is neither here nor there. They got here on Thursday afternoon and Jackson was loving Ashley from the very beginning. He would just walk over and hug her arm (he probably knew she loved cheerios just as much as he does). Oh and speaking of Ashley - she has lost THIRTY lbs since May...dang girl! She looked amazing! I think we convinced them that they need a wii by the end of their first night here...although I don't think it would be good for their marriage. I haven't heard that many "IN YOUR FACE" since I was around my little brother and his friends...did I mention that it was Ashley saying it? Those two are so competetive it's ridiculous. I remember when they were dating, we would be getting out of the car to go to the store and Sam would tag Ashley and say "Race You!" and off they would go to the front of the store. Seriously. Too fun.

Friday we drove down to Oxford to get some fab-o sushi and see Ashley's dad for a little bit. We drove around the square, got a few t-shirts and took some pretty fun pictures (of course!).
Friday night Ashley made all of us dinner (that's right - drive 7 hours to visit us and we make YOU cook us dinner) She and Sam were telling us about their newest lettuce wrap dinner creation and we just had to try it. Let me tell you - it was soooo good. We may just be making this for dinner once a week now. Unfortunately they had to head back to Texas today but not without eating some BBQ raved about on Food network (Sam ordered the biggest plate of BBQ I've ever seen in my life)
and stealing eachother's honeyWe had the BEST time...we always have a great time with them. They are two of the funniest people we know and just in case you were wondering...I have the best family in the world...hands down. Oh and the most fun. Whew - It feels good to get that out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh I am glad you had a good visit with family. The closest I have is my parents 8 hours away.