Wednesday, August 20, 2008

When it counts

Just like the commercial says - "having a baby changes everything."

You see the world differently, you see your life, your future, EVERYTHING differently. Relationships are scrutinized and it becomes your responsibility as a parent to protect your child from harm as much as possible. Suddenly things that used to matter don't matter and things you never gave a second thought are the center of your day. It's not about you anymore

I, of course, tend to be a worry wart. I come by it honest - a long line of worriers are in my lineage. I have gotten much better about it and I'm definitely better than I thought I would be concerning Jackson. I worry about silly things, serious things and things that are out of my control. I wish that I could prevent Jackson from ever being hurt whether physically or emotionally. We live in an imperfect world but we do have a perfect heavenly Father. I trust that although life and people will disappoint us, He never will. Luckily, we also have an amazing group of family and friends that God has blessed us with to lean on and guide us along our journey. The amazing love and guidance that each of you provide is priceless...truly priceless.

Nothing can be perfect in life and I hate that. Luckily for me, the disappointment in some is outweighed by those who have been there...continue to be there. And that's what counts.

We are surrounded by negative media, television shows, movies, etc that glorify drama in relationships. I know that we're here, we're stuck in this world for the time being and we have to do our best to be the light among the darkness BUT I want Jackson to be surrounded by light and that means being surrounded by people who exude light...to see others as Christ sees them and to treat others as Christ would treat them. Loving, kind, without bitterness and judgement toward others, not harboring resentment and forgiving above all else.

This is my prayer for each of you as well.

Bethany

No comments: